Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrShak

UrShak

[CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Empty
PostSubject: [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)   [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 am

The sun was setting, it’s rays still falling down on Ardencaple, Glasgow. Above it, the sky was dyed orange-red due to the weakening sun. As he approached his home, with a few loaves of bread under his arm, UrShak gazed at the empty street. Ardencaple has always been a very quiet town since it's colonisation. He wanted to unlock the door. Nothing. "Not again…" After kicking a few times against it he managed to unlock the door and entered. He put the bread away in the kitchen and decided it was time to go to bed. It wasn’t long though, he had a bad dream about a woman crying before a burnt town, it looked like Barnstaple. There were many bodies on the ground, and amongst the bodies of many wolves. "AaaaH!" He screamed as he woke, his skin felt like it was on fire. UrShak got up and headed for the bucket water near the dining table. "That can’t be a sign of anything good! I’ve been sitting here doing nothing for far too long."

Although he was still tired, he decided to head for the capital, Glasgow, first.
Back to top Go down
UrShak

UrShak

[CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Empty
PostSubject: Re: [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)   [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:02 am

It was a windy day in the centre of Glasgow. The banners of castle were caught high in the afternoon wind and small amounts of snow blew in from the mountains a few miles from the capital. It was all usual business, buying and selling at the market square outside of the castle. There were also some groups travelling through in haste to get to the other side of the capital so they could make it to the next town before it got dark. After talking to a RSA guard, he found out about a caravan coming from Ayr to Lanark. "Heh, I will just follow them later, see were they are heading, and if they are going my way, well, a little extra help never hurt." He threw a last glance on the market, and then went on to explore the rest of the town.

UrShak continued. He noticed that the clouds were darkening and he thought it best to find shelter. He arrived at the eastern gate to Lanark. He walked through the poorer section of the capital, which was home to the most crime in Glasgow, untroubled as it was quite clear UrShak was an experienced thief by the symbols on his mantle. Upon leaving the poorer section of the city his road was blocked by two men. They wanted all his money and goods.

"You guys are stupid," UrShak sighed, "Hahaha!!! You're going to rob me?! In no armor, with no horse, and only that piece of scrap metal and a stick for a weapon!? Stop fooling around and move away before you get hurt."

With that, one of the thieves charged ahead, but UrShak didn't move. Instead, he simply grinned. Before the thief could break off his charge, UrShak kneeled down, and sliced his stomach open, and was left in a three-point stance as the thief continued his charge no more than 2 feet before falling to the ground, badly wounded. Slightly stunned, the other thief drew his sword.

As the second thief charged at him, UrShak stood still, sword held horizonal at chest level in front of him and in one quick motion, UrShak stepped into the thief's charge and instantaneously stepped past him in a movement almost too fast to be seen. UrShak stood still as the thief turned around and laughed...

"You idiot! You didn't even hit me. You stupid child... huh?" The thief felt a drop running over his back. He screamed in terror as he dropped his sword and struggled in vain to stop his back from bleeding.

"If you foolish men try to take my stuff away again, I will gladly take all your blood. Every single drop."
Back to top Go down
UrShak

UrShak

PostSubject: Re: [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)   [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:03 am

UrShak cleaned the blade and put the sword back into its sheath, it slid in silently.

After that small incident he had to think over his plans. He sat down in front of the cathedral; laying his back against the wall he closed his eyes as his mind was devoured in thought. Could he ever lead a normal life? How long did he have before returning to his old criminal life? Was he merely delaying the inevitable? So many questions hurdled through his mind, so engrossed in thought that he became slightly fatigued.

Resting his head against the wall he stared forward into emptiness. His fingers still played with the hilt of his sword. Then light glimmered in his eyes, the same that he had seen before; though he didn’t know what it was earlier. When he looked down he saw it was one of his rings that was reflecting the few beams of sunlight that managed to get through the clouds. He remembered very well how Dark_Devil had taken it from Princess Nordicnorn’s finger after he had assassinated her. "Barnshire…"

UrShak stood up. The large wooden doors were still open of the cathedral, he walked in. "In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti," he whispered making a quick cross-sign. It was dark, lit only by the candles at the altar and the wall. There was a giant wooden cross at the top of the altar. Although it had been a while since he had last confessed, it was not why he was there now. He did need to speak to the local priest and it didn’t take him long to find him. After a quick greeting and brief introduction: "Please send this letter to Barnstaple by pigeon, it’s for Lady Moonfaerie." UrShak thanked the priest and donated 5 pounds to the Church.

"Time to get moving again…," he thought and headed to the southern gate to continue is journey.
Back to top Go down
UrShak

UrShak

PostSubject: Re: [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)   [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 am

His black boots clicked softly on the pavement as UrShak entered Largs. He stared at the sidewalk. A small crowd of people gathered around, staring at the man before them. They didn't know where they had seen him before... he looked so familiar. From their open, empty gaze, they didn’t seem to care who he was.

Once out of the narrow side street, he took a good look at the area of the city that he was currently standing in and noticed why every traveller coming through was such an event. Only a rare few merchants were selling their stuff on the market; a bit of corn and no bread at all. The town was literally dead.

He walked on in search for a tavern with some citizens in it to talk with. And when he came upon the last bar in the town, he prayed to Jah that there was indeed someone in there. He stepped in, UrShak quickly surveyed the room for people, and there was no one inside just like with all the previous five taverns.

UrShak decided to head for the town square. Once arrived there he noticed a note hanging on the town hall. Strangely enough the doors were wide open and no guard to be seen in miles. He stepped closer to read the note. The mayor seemed to be ill or something, that’s what he could understand of the note as it was written in Gaelic. "Hmmm this would be so easy... though I got no time to be playing around," he thought.

---------------
nrp: here is the letter I send with UrShak to you yesterday, Inanna. You can role-play for yourself how the letter is delivered to you in Barnstaple.
---------------

Quote :
Dear Lady Inanna Moonfaerie,
Lady of the Wolves,

We have never met before; therefore I send you this ring as token of friendship. It
carries the seal of the first Regent of England, Princess Nordicnorn, and was given to
me by your former master, Sir Dark_Devil. I will come to Cornwall to join you and claim
my and the wolves land back. I hope to fight beside you as I once fought beside him.
Carry the ring, Dark_Devil will always be there with you then. May the ring inspire you
and your men.

Sincerely,

Sir Dùghall UrShak "Vao" Ooms-Winston,
Lord of the Highway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)   [CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CRP] Choice and/or Destiny (Started: 9 april 2008 - Ended: 16 april 2008)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Role-playing :: Dribbling Springs-
Jump to: